* Our laboratory has state enrollment, issuing invoice with the tax ID: 04.455.563/0001-13. Sending samples from the outside to our lab can be done in two ways:
- Via Courier (DHL, Fedex, UPS, TNT and others).
- Through a Formal import/export process: 2.1. Using the nationalization process (when the samples do not return) and all taxes and expenses will be charged; 2.2. Using the temporary admission process (without applying import taxes, only expenses)
Note: If the steps of this procedure are not followed, there is a risk of the following penalties for the importer: (I) seizure of the sample and/or (II) fine to be paid by the customer and, consequently, delay in the import process and in the certification process of the product.
1. Sending samples via Courier (DHL, Fedex, UPS, TNT and others)
- The customer may send their samples via Courier to their representative in Brazil or directly to the Brazilian Certification Institute S/A (our CertLab laboratory).
- The value of the commodity plus the international freight can not exceed US $3,000.00, (therefore the total value: of the Merchandise + freight has to be less than 3000 dollars).
- Weight limit: up to 68 Kg.
- Dimensions: 330 cm, is sum of dimensions length + height + depth< 330cm.></ 330cm.>
- Courier Shipping: DDP (Duties and Delivery Paid). Use this option in the Courier form or the sample will not be delivered.
- Only up to 2 samples per model can be sent. If you need to send more than two samples, you should not use Courier shipping. Go to item 2.
- Along with the samples should be sent a Commercial invoice (see model below).
In all process of submitting samples to Brazil, whether via Courier or Formal import/export, we request that you send us the documents prior to shipment of the samples so that we can, together with the Trading chosen by the customer. This procedure will assist and guide our customers to make shipments according to Brazilian legislation avoiding waste of time, fines and hassles.
- Only new samples can be transported via Courier, used equipments can not be shipped.
- Each sample must be identified with: model, parents of origin and name of the manufacturer
Address of destination via Courier: From the representative of the customer or our laboratory, as follows: Institute of Brazilian certifications S/A Street Maestro Francisco Manoel da Silva, Nr. 71-Neighborhood: Santa Geneva-CEP 13080-190-Campinas-SP-Brazil Phone: 55 19 3578-0100 Taxpayer 07.455.563/0001-13
After issuing the certificate the customer may decide on the destination of the samples between the 3 options below: Return the origin; The. Return to Origin; B. Stay in Brazil; C. Destruction/disposal of samples. The. Return the source when the customer chooses to return the samples that were imported via Courier: To start the process, the customer must send an email to the Account manager requesting the return mentioning:
- Proposal number
- Full address for return, contact, telephone and e-mail
- Courier company name and Courier account number
The tracking number will be informed as soon as the shipment is made. B. Stay in Brazil in case of option for the presence of the sample in Brazil, the sample will be sent to the representative/local office. Please inform the full address, email and phone and contact name if necessary. C. Destruction/disposal of samples if the customer’s decision was to discard the sample, this information should be given to the account Manager by e-mail. The CertLab laboratory will provide disposal/destruction according to your internal procedure.
Submission and return of samples via Formal Import/export:
To send and return samples through Formal import/export, the importer or the Trading chosen by the customer, must have the license of the IRS called: RADAR (tracing of the performance of the customs actors). The customer may make imports and exports using their own radar or the radar of their representative in Brazil if available, remembering that all costs must be negotiated and paid directly to the trading chosen by the customer. There are two types of Formal import/export:
- Nationalization (all taxes and expenses will be applied)
- Temporary admission (no taxes, but there are expenses)
Note: Any type of Formal import chosen by the customer the documentation pertaining to this import/export should be sent to the responsible Trading prior to the shipment of the samples, and all expenses relating to import/export Are the client’s responsibility.
In this type of import/export there is no limit of the value of the equipment that will be shipped, neither weight, nor dimensions. In this type of import/export all expenses must be paid directly to the customer-chosen trading, such as the fees of trading, international freight, storage, import/export taxes and others. After obtaining the certificate the samples may be discarded or returned to a customer representative in Brazil. In both cases all costs will be the customer’s responsibility and the amounts involved will be informed on a case-by-case basis.
2.2 Temporary admission
The equipment may be in Brazil for testing during the maximum period of 1 (one) year. There is no limit of the value of the equipment that will be sent, neither weight limit nor dimensions. All expenses must be paid directly to the customer-chosen trading, for example, trading fees, international freight, storage and others. Import taxes will be suspended during the testing period and will not need to be paid if the customer chooses to return the equipment to the source after the completion of the certificate. Upon completion of the product certification, if the customer chooses to remain the equipment in Brazil, import taxes must be paid, in addition to the import costs quoted above. In both cases, all costs will be the customer’s responsibility and the amounts involved will be informed on a case-by-case basis. Upon completion of the product certification and using the temporary admission, if the customer chooses to return the sample, a formal e-mail should be sent to the account manager informing:
- Full return address
- Contact name (email and phone)
Upon receipt of this email the return process will be initiated and the return plan will be informed to the customer with the step-by-step and all the costs involved. Any questions or comments, we are willing to help you!